Digital marketing has never been more important and that also means the role and significance of SEO has increased dramatically. Search Engine Optimisation plays a large role in bringing people to your blog posts, guest articles, website and other various forms of content. Unfortunately, this is a field dominated by Google, so if you don’t play by their rules, then your web traffic will drop significantly. To help ensure that your SEO efforts don’t go to waste, we’ve rounded up 14 of the biggest SEO trends that will influence the world of digital marketing this year and beyond.
Almost everything we do revolves around the internet and it’s no different when it comes to business. It’s never been more important for your business to have an online presence and have an effective digital marketing strategy in place to reach, enhance and grow your customer base. If your business isn’t online, then you are missing out on a whole world of potential customers.
- Constant Updates: Crawl rates are low for inert websites. So, update your web content regularly, as this will attract bots more frequently. Updates can be in the form of blogs or even videos or audio strips. Moreover, the content should be informative and valuable. Insert keywords wherever possible as this will help spiders to sieve and link your website to client searches.
- Ditch Plagiarised Content Completely: Plagiarised content lowers Googlebot rates as it can easily detect copied information and can even get you a Google ban. Cross check web pages for duplicate content.
- Opt for Good Servers: Upload your website on servers with fair uptime. Googlebots lower crawl rates on servers with high downtime and as such you will find your web pages are indexed lot slower.
- Register Your Site with Popular Online Directories: Listing in online directories is a great way to get sighted by Googlebots. DMoz and Technorati are two most popular online directories. Dmoz, in fact, has higher trust levels with Google for the valuable listings it contains. Directories work best in enhancing web visibility.
- Give Titles to Images: Having striking images on websites can indeed work up some magic. But it is important to label these images as Spiders can’t read them. Use alt-text to provide brief outlines for images used in web pages. This will help Googlebot to read your web pages better.
- Hook Your Website to Social Media: Googlebots work faster with links. Create profiles for your website on social media or even link your websites to your existing profiles, as effective linking increases crawl rates. You can even interlink your old posts with your new ones between web pages.
To successfully make the journey from good to great, here are a few unique and cost effective tools which actually deliver true results in every stage of your content-marketing process. These tools have been ranked based on various factors such as reviews, mobile apps, integrations, media presence, and security.
The Good News – 76% of global marketers increased their content marketing budgets in 2015. The Great News – 90% of the big performers use marketing automation tools as part of their strategy.
Helps sales and marketing team to share personalized content with prospects, track interests and build a powerful customer experience. This application is extremely useful for small to large enterprises. Payment plans are spread across freemium and subscription options. The best part is that it is integrated with Jive, Salesforce Sales Cloud, SharePoint, LinkedIn, SlideShare and Gmail and offers just the right functions for organizing files, links, videos, links and emails from any source. You can also keep track of who viewed, commented, shared and contributed to your content. A great feature is the Analyze function where you can measure activity level by users, companies and content reach. This top ranked tool has a track record of assuring its customers of closing 30% more deals with its ultra smooth and sleek buying experience.
The best part of this tool is that it makes it easy to publish and manage content across platforms. Primarily used by non-profit organization of large organizations, key features include a powerful RESTful JSON API, sophisticated search, filtering and upload options. Contentful is a create once, publish everywhere application that keeps content in a cloud repository which helps in simple scaling, stable uptime, and fast CDN. What’s more, you can connect this application with third-party services to extend its editorial features.
This is a fantastic web tool to turn visitors into customers. A content creation application with an intuitive drag & drop interface, this one has proven to be useful to Freelancers, Large Enterprises, Mid Size Business, Non Profits, Public Administrations and Small Business. This tool will help to combine your content from different sources and spread them through numerous channels online and offline. It saves you money on expensive agencies and programmers. It has a built in option to build contests; votings and polls to attract prospects. An intuitive WYSIWYG editor and a comfortable drag & drop function, makes creating pages a simple and fun activity.When choosing any tool, you need to think differently and prepare a step by step action plan on what you want to achieve and which platform can help you achieve these objectives. For getting started with the best content management system to meet your needs, do get in touch with the experts at Creative Ideaz today.
- • 48% have serious concerns on keeping pace with the rapid changes in the industry
- −> Out of this, 60% see the dynamics in the technology space as a threat to smooth running operations
- −> At the same time, 85% see new developments as an opportunity
- • The top worries cited by today’s marketers are:
- −> Lack of resources (41%)
- −> Training in new marketing skills (30%)
- • The two most important techniques still used by marketers are:
- −> Trusting Instincts (55%)
- −> Adapting to New Technologies (58%)
- 1. Learning from Competitors:
- 2. Addressing User Needs:
- 3. Breaking New Ground:
• Blue is the most preferred colour for both men (42%) and women (35%) • Similarly, orange is the least preferred colour for both men (33%) and women (22%) • Purple is surprisingly favoured amongst women, and significantly avoided by menAge Dynamics:
• Blue is the most preferred colour amongst all age groups, right from 0 to 70+ • After blue, white is the next preferred for the 70+ generation, with green being the next best for age groups up to 50 • Purple and red are next best for age groups of 18 to 69The Luxury Factor:
• For brands that symbolize wealth and luxury, gold, silver and purple are the most favoured coloursThe Isolation Effect:
• Colour contrasting is the easiest way to make elements stand out in a design. The best way to use this technique is for call to action elements, for example ‘Submit’ buttons. A bright red button on a light blue background is one of the most effective methods of creating action elements on a web page.The Colour Code: Some colours are known to invoke familiar behaviours and emotions among people. Though there may not be too much scientific backing, marketing gurus have known to use these colour secrets in their successful campaigns from ages. Hot pink – is on the top of the list for youth, femininity and high energy target customers Blue – Even though a popular colour, it is known to suppress appetite and should be avoided for marketing food Red – This colour is known to be the best for food marketing as it stimulates hunger Green – A great colour for environmental and medicinal products Yellow – A happy go lucky colour that symbolizes sunshine. Goes well for CSR campaigns and children related products and services Getting that online cash register ringing may not be as difficult as you think it is – provided you are tuned in to the tips and tricks of the trade. For a complete makeover of your online business, do get in touch with the experts at Creative Ideaz today.
With regards to content creation, here is the latest on consumer behaviour:1. A survey conducted by the Consumer Connection System (CSC) has discovered that 55% of British Internet users visit only two or three sites for their content needs. Surfing hundreds of sites for information is not done anymore. The top 5 sites used are: a. BBC b. Amazon c. Google d. ITV e. eBay 2. Close to 30% of the population felt overwhelmed when searching the internet for making purchase decisions. The next resort in this situation is to turn to friends and family to ask for recommendations.
With regards to performance of web pages, results revealed that:• More than half of the websites get viewed for less than 15 seconds • As many as 47% of the population expect a website to load in at most 2 seconds • Web pages have become heavier with newer formats such as video and images sometimes creating disastrous user experiences. 40% will quit a site if it does not load within the first 3 seconds. • The average size of a web page has grown 20% in the last six months. • Images make up more than 50% of a web page. Average size of images in webpages is 1,000 KB.
With regards to customer experience, the statistics are:• 80% of companies surveyed resonated with the statement, “our customer experience is our brand” • 22% of online marketers feel that user experience is the most exciting trend for 2015 From a marketing agencies perspective, the news is: This generation of customer lives only for the moment. Purchase decisions are taken in the NOW, leaving very little preparation time. As a result, more than 30% of content marketers feel that lack of time is their biggest challenge. It is not surprising that 21% of B2B companies spend as many as 15 hours a week in collaborating with marketing services vendors. If this fast pace overwhelms you too, then engaging with a digital marketing agency like CreativeIdeaz will help you get out of this mayhem and madness! For a free quote, get in touch with us today at 01902 504 107 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org Reference: Marketing Profs KISSmetrics
• Mobile PPC actually costs less than desktop PPC and has a higher conversion rate. • Google Adwords is extremely popular amongst big brands such as Amazon, Priceline, Microsoft and Expedia. • Search Ads account for close to 40% of the total internet advertising revenue. • Google PLA is the new choice for online retailers. Spending on this platform increases drastically on days such as Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Revenues generated on these days are also significantly higher. • In the UK, the total ad spend on Paid Search Advertising for Desktops and Tablets was £783 million in the first half of last year. This was excluding Mobile and PLA platforms which are now gaining momentum. A significant £742 million of the £783 million was attributed to Google AdWords. The remaining £41 million was spent on the U.K. Yahoo! Bing Network. • Top five industries in the UK that chose to use PPC were Financial Services, Online Gambling, Retail, Telecommunications and Utilities.Irrespective of the kind of PPC platform, there are some incredible benefits that PPC offers your business:
• Cost Factor: In traditional advertising, you pay upfront when you launch a campaign and hope to gain benefits based on user response. In PPC, the plus side is that you only pay when an interested user clicks on the ad.
• Flexibility: You can actually vary the budget on a daily basis. For example, you can set an upper cap on spending and also increase or decrease spending during peak and lull periods.
• Customer Targeting: Google and Microsoft are spending billions of research dollars on ensuring that the right ad is delivered to the right customer. Keyword popularity along with historical user information is used to create customer personas which then help guide the placement of ads.
• Easier Analytics: A PPC campaign is known to generate ROI faster than a traditional organic search strategy. The best part is the analytical information that is easily available when opting from PPC. Conversion rate measurement is straightforward, and so is keyword evaluation. Collaboration of PPC and SEO fundamentals can make all the difference when it comes to successful conversions.At Creative Ideaz we have experienced amazing results when using PPC for our clients. Do get it touch and allow us to take your product or service to your customer through the PPC way. References: Search Engine Land