- Consistent content development: Make sure you post at least once a week. The main point is to produce content, which syncs with the current trends and focuses on bringing in not only links but potential customers also.
- Promotion of content: Once you have created authoritative content, you need to let it spread through the online world. Apart from optimising the content, make sure you categorise it and promote it across segments. For instance, recognise the different segments attracted to your website and promote content according to their inclinations.
- Social media shares: Plug in social buttons as calls-to-action on your posts. Make sure you post content, which has potential for interaction and also join conversations where your target audience resides.
- SEO: The best way to build contextual links is to create content, which can be searched for and found easily. Starting with accuracy of page titles (use of target keywords), the raging truth of SEO is that the length is taking a back seat while quality of content is driving the SEO. Make sure you have engaging ideas and credibility through links to authoritative sources.
- Traffic absorption: The ideal way to bring in new readers and potential clients is by becoming an active part of the readers’ community. If you’re writing on fashion, then become a part of forums, communities and blogs that are well-known. Make sure you do not simply add the link but include the link in a comment, which answers to queries/provides valuable information. In this way, you will lead readers from these external sources to your website.
- Prolonged development period;
- Gradually increasing costs; and
- Complicated computation languages.
- Go through all your business listings and ensure that they have correct information. Check contact data – phone numbers, address, fax and mail addresses;
- Keep track of all your social media channels. From a branding standpoint, certain social media channels (FB, Twitter, and Instagram) are considered more significant than others. However, for digital assistants, every social media channel is a reflection of your enterprise. Ensure that all social media channels rightly put out data about your business;
- Optimise all content on social media for mobile platforms. Remember that the search terms for mobile are different from those for desktop. For instance, when searching through the phone, users often include the city and ZIP code to the search query.
Link building is not dead; but the techniques have undergone major changesHowever, recent updates in the ranking sector have seen a shift of impact. It is speculated that the importance of link is being replaced with social signals such as tweets, shares and comments. Nonetheless, it is wrong to say that the impact of link has ended. Search engines have merely started giving more value to high quality links. Low quality guest posts have several common elements, as cited by Google, which include little or no social engagement, sites created primarily to promote guest posts and sell advertisements, extremely diverse content, barely any static pages, and so on. Earlier it was more of quantitative article marketing, while today the focus is more on getting essential guest posts featured on sites and blogs, which are necessary and more streamlined. It has been observed that if a link is acquired for a webpage in the world school way, Google is most likely to disregard it, and in some cases, may even penalise the website by using algorithm filters like Penguin and Panda. Early on, around the mid 90s, the technique was to earn links in order to channelize relevant traffic for a web page. This seems to be trending again. The concept of earning the required link with content instead of acquiring or buying a link has become prevalent in today’s competitive online world. To earn links it is important to generate quality content. Original content on your website, industry-specific blogging, and using keyword-rich content are some ways other websites will link to yours. Share your content via your social media platforms to spread the word and get people to link naturally to you. Link building may not be out of the league yet; however, the old ways of doing it are questionable, and may actually hurt your business. Talk to the experts at Creative Ideaz, who can give you the right advice on building links naturally and strengthening your business online. Call us at 0845 094 2153 or visit www.creativeideaz.co.uk.
Optimise the budgetSuccess is very often directly proportional to the amount of money invested in the AdWords campaign. As a rule of thumb, larger investments lead to better bids, and a wider spread. However, by following some smart strategies, smaller budget campaigns can get maximum bang for the buck. Budget and bid optimisation are not just about spending more; they are about spending smarter. The obvious aim in ad and keyword bids is to make the ad show within the first three ad placements available. Apart from increasing the amount of bid by a certain amount, add bid modifiers based on location and device. This strategy helps to win placements when users search on mobile devices, or when users are in a particular area, such as near your physical store. Likewise, to avoid wasting bid money, it is a smart strategy to use bid modifiers to decrease the bid amount in certain areas, far off from the store, or where the target audience doesn’t frequent. It pays to give serious consideration to local traffic. Google estimates that 50% of mobile users and 34% of tablets or desktop users are most likely to visit a store within a day of conducting a local search.
Organise things neatlyDedicate a separate budget for each campaign, preferably categorised by geography. Google rewards relevant content. To leverage it, creating Adgroups, with tightly themed subjects helps. For example, create adgroups “men’s shoes”, “women shoes”, “children shoes”, and more, on the campaign “shoes”. This facilitates better targeting. Create multiple ads within the same adgroups, for Google to rotate ads. Assess spend on each individual adgroup, within each campaign, and get insights into which ads perform better over time. It is important to keep in mind that people who click on ads want specific results. For conversions, make sure the click leads to the specific product page. While call to action is important, the obvious ones, such as “Call Now”, or “Click Here” are now too clichéd, and Google has actually started to penalise advertisers who use these.
Analyse keywordsAnalyse keywords to find out which ones are more successful in generating clicks and converting visitors into customers. Expand on keywords that deliver the strongest Return on Ad Spend (ROAS), keeping in mind that what works today may fail tomorrow. Do not forget to delete underperforming keywords to optimise the budget, and add keywords that drive irrelevant traffic to the negative keyword list.
Leverage Dynamic RemarketingAdWords launched Dynamic Remarketing in September 2014, allowing advertisers to add dynamic content to text ads. This dynamic content can be price, inventory, countdown to a specific event, and so on. Make sure to upload a data feed of such relevant product information and set bids based on information contained within such a data feed. Google grabs the information it requires from the website, and feeds the information to target audience.
Leverage Shopping CampaignsShopping Campaigns, formerly known as Product Listing Ads (PLA), display the exact image of the product, and outperform text search ads. To enable this feature, include a good quality image with the data feed of product information.
TestNever underestimate the importance of testing. Testing is a regular process in any successful online marketing campaign. Give the campaign time to go viral. Cutting your losses before three months is generally considered acting in haste. We at Creative Ideaz offer comprehensive solutions to make your AdWords campaign a complete success. Get in touch with us at 0845 0942153.
- Revamp their content, infusing it with natural voice, in a free flowing conversational style, and discard conventional SEO practises, such as keyword stuffing. The content writer should think like a user, and write like a user, not as an algorithm crunching machine!
- Implement long-tail keywords to factor in natural flow conversations originating from voice search. They could still include specific terms commonly used by target market, but success depends on using keyword variations, or all possible ways users may “talk” when referring to the subject or topic.
- Implement an FAQ strategy, offering specific and clear cut answers to the who, what, when where, why and how questions, making it easy for search engines to identify natural search answers.
- Localise the content, and provide explicit information on the location address, working hours, and other specifics. A good proportion of voice searches are local in nature.
- Constant Updates: Crawl rates are low for inert websites. So, update your web content regularly, as this will attract bots more frequently. Updates can be in the form of blogs or even videos or audio strips. Moreover, the content should be informative and valuable. Insert keywords wherever possible as this will help spiders to sieve and link your website to client searches.
- Ditch Plagiarised Content Completely: Plagiarised content lowers Googlebot rates as it can easily detect copied information and can even get you a Google ban. Cross check web pages for duplicate content.
- Opt for Good Servers: Upload your website on servers with fair uptime. Googlebots lower crawl rates on servers with high downtime and as such you will find your web pages are indexed lot slower.
- Register Your Site with Popular Online Directories: Listing in online directories is a great way to get sighted by Googlebots. DMoz and Technorati are two most popular online directories. Dmoz, in fact, has higher trust levels with Google for the valuable listings it contains. Directories work best in enhancing web visibility.
- Give Titles to Images: Having striking images on websites can indeed work up some magic. But it is important to label these images as Spiders can’t read them. Use alt-text to provide brief outlines for images used in web pages. This will help Googlebot to read your web pages better.
- Hook Your Website to Social Media: Googlebots work faster with links. Create profiles for your website on social media or even link your websites to your existing profiles, as effective linking increases crawl rates. You can even interlink your old posts with your new ones between web pages.
Here’s the update on what is new with PHP 7.0.
1. Powered by a brand-new Zend engine – PHP has been powered by the Zend open source execution engine since it was released way back in 1999. The PHP 7.0 avatar comes with a brand new version of the Zend engine rightly called the PHPNG (PHP Next-Gen) project or .PHP#NG. Source: firebearstudio.com
2. 2X speed and performance – The Zend engine comes with optimised memory usage. The just-in-time compilation (JIT) enables compilation at run time instead of prior to execution, which has led to whopping performance gains of anywhere between 25%-75% on real-world applications. As per this presentation on PHP.Net, PHP 7 has been able to handle twice as many requests on its content management system (CMS), compared to PHP 5.6, its predecessor. Thus, the performance is sometimes even doubled (in req./second). All that is required is a single upgrade.
3. New Operators – One of the most notable features of the PHP 7 is the addition of two new operators – spaceship and Null Coalesce. The spaceship operator is denoted by <=>, returns 0 if both operands are equal, 1 if the left is greater, and -1 if the right is greater. It’s also called a three-way comparison operator. The Null Coalesce operator (??) is used to check if a specific element exists.
4. 64-Bit OS Support – PHP’s native environment has been Linux since inception, though it was possible to run it on Windows system. PHP 7 will remedy this as it introduces consistent 64-bit support for both native 64-bit integers and large files – no more compatibility problems.
5. Return Types – PHP 7 enables developers to enhance the quality of their code with the help of return type declarations. This enables users to specify return types on functions, improving the current parameter type declarations, while providing support for integer, float, string and Boolean declarations.
6. Fatal Error Handling – All actions which resulted in “fatal errors” in PHP 5 will now throw catchable exceptions in PHP 7. The new Engine Exceptions permits one to substitute these kind of errors with exceptions. There are two different kinds of exceptions in error handling – traditional and engine exceptions.
7. Addition of Anonymous Classes – PHP 7 now allows use of anonymous classes, which is offered by most object-oriented languages like C# and Java. Use of anonymous classes can speed up coding as well execution time.
- You now have a framework that has been built specifically for those who view web development as a creative artistic activity, rather than a structured, procedural, tedious one.
- You can be confident of following the best practices of web design and development – thanks to the MVC and IOC based architecture.
- Unorganized and mismanaged data can often be the source of many a nightmare for administrators, developers, managers and customers alike. With Laravel, everything to do with data becomes easy and simple.
- Data Seeding: Create live data for testing multiple scenarios using the easy to use data seeding feature.
- Data Migration: Use the powerful versioning facility that allows you to seamlessly migrate from one upgrade to the next and also rollback in case of erroneous conditions.
- Ease your programming efforts by using in-built widgets and functions for commonly used tasks.
- Automated Contact Form Creation Most websites will have a simple lead generation form that takes in the Name, E-Mail Address and Message from the customer with a call to action – Contact Us button. You can now pre-create this form along with the required validations so that you can save significant development and testing time and effort, and yet provide what gives value to your end customers.
- Artisan Scheduler With the scheduler feature, system jobs can be triggered at regular pre-determined intervals. This leads to reduction in manual errors and the system still functions in the optimal manner. A great example of this is to schedule a routine function that clears the cache every hour, so that website performance is guaranteed at a consistent level, irrespective of ups and downs in traffic.