How do you reach out to a generation that was born in the digital age? A generation that thrives on speed, on everything smart, on aiming for superlative success. The New Age Millennials, typically born between 1980 and 2000 are a tough lot to please. Here is an insight into the millennial mind, giving you the right direction when targeting a product or service for this bright and crazy set of people!
• Millennials are choosy. They will only read what they like. They are not shy to publicly express their likes and dislikes.
• They are looking to learn from their brands. The NewsCred Millennial Survey indicated that 31% of the millennial community will buy from a brand which teaches them something through their content. They want intelligent and thought provoking content and are the first to shun boring and so called ‘stupid’ content.
• They have short attention spans. It is true, they live in a super-fast paced world. Anything too long and it will have a negative impact on this crowd. The content needs to be crisp, precise and relevant for getting a thumbs up from them.
• They want fun and adventure. Over 69% of this generation think themselves as adventurous. Take them away from their daily routine life and you win their acceptance and acknowledgement.
• They like Google and Facebook when they are looking for content. They will rarely go to LinkedIn or Pinterest.
• They will buy from a brand that is doing something for the larger good. 37% of Millennials are receptive to cause marketing. They genuinely care for causes like Gender Equality, LGBT, Sustainability, Animal Rescue and Poverty Elimination. Brands that have got it right on this front are the “Inspire Her Mind” campaign from Verizon which highlights the discrepancy in higher education between men and women and the “One for One” program by Tom’s which helps a person in need with every product purchased.
The top three takeaways for millennial marketing:
• More than 50% will share content if it’s related to a cause they believe in.
• More than 60% will share content if it’s thought provoking.
• More than 70% will share content if it’s funny!
The forecast says that by 2020, this lively bunch will have more than $1.4 trillion of spending power. That means marketers have no choice but to learn how to adapt their messages to cater towards their needs. The best time to wake up and start working towards this is NOW. If you have a brand that wants to win over the millennials, get in touch with us at Creative Ideaz for a cup of tea and some interesting marketing strategies.
I am very satisfied with the website design service provided by Creative Ideaz and would like to thank them and Kurt for all the hard work. They incorporated everything we wanted to see in our website better than we could have imagined and followed through from planning to development flawlessly. We are aiming to add more features as our business grows and will be returning to Creative Ideaz to help bring our ideas to life once again. Very pleased with the outcome and I recommend them highly!Incore Umbrella
It has been a pleasure working with Kurt and the team at Creative Ideaz. Professional and dedicated to fulfilling our requirements at all times, they listened to and worked with us, provided us with daily progression updates and they have created exactly what we wanted, a new look, smart, fully responsive website.
We would highly recommend Creative Ideaz to anyone looking for creative website design and we would not hesitate to use their services in the future.Walsall Society for the Blind
TabTime Ltd moved their IT/website business to Creative Ideaz around 5 years ago and are very pleased that we did. The service we get for major or minor changes and requests is quick and efficient, and their charges even when compared to the offers from India and the far east are very competitive. The Creative Ideaz Website Optimisation department is always willing to offer advice and discuss changes and we appear in the first 1-2 pages for all our Keywords on Google UK. Yes, we would recommend Creative Ideaz to anyone or any company looking for a new and reliable web and email companyTab Time
I would highly recommend Creative Ideaz. I found them totally approachable, helpful and outstanding with support. Highly delighted with the fantastic website created for us, putting me at ease with the latest technology. A company who certainly listens to their clients.Brewers UK
We wanted our social media pages to help increase our brand value and improve sales. Since Creative Ideaz handled our account, we have seen this happen.Alt Noir
In a few words, they just get it. We wanted to grow our business and Creative Ideaz knew how to do it and we have seen great results.Footprints Footwear
Having used Creative Ideaz for our original website several years ago, I was more than happy to retain their services when our website needed a revamp. The quote we were given was excellent value and the service we received, from the initial meeting and through the planning process with Kurt into the website design and development was faultless. The finished product is exactly what we were looking for, it is clear that Creative Ideaz really know what website users are looking for.
I would certainly recommend for anyone looking for a great quality website for excellent value for money and superb customer service.BCOP
Creative Ideaz have recently helped to revamp our website and have really made a huge difference, helping us to bring our online presence forward leaps and bounds. We would definitely recommend Creative Ideaz to anyone looking for excellent customer service and a great website.Cumbria Park Hotel
I would like to thank Creative Ideaz and in particular Kurt for guiding me through the process for my new website, they made it very simple and smooth. I would highly recommend the whole team and would definitely use them again.DanceMax
Just wanted to say thank you to Kurt and the team at Creative Ideaz for the website. Excellent job, professional service, and very quick at attending to the changes we needed done. We are very pleased with the website! Would recommend to anyone looking a professional website.
Thanks againUberfone Ltd
Thank you Creative Ideaz for your expertise when putting together our MCM website. This is our first website and it's stimulated the campaign to raise our brand awareness and promote our products.
Creative Ideaz's advice and assistance throughout the process has been invaluable. Your experience and dedicated staff helped us to cover all the points that are necessary to have a quality website. Your standard of work is above what we've previously sampled and you are all extremely efficient. We have recently set up a new divisional arm to MCM and we will have no hesitation in using Creative Ideaz as our preferred web design supplier for this next project.MCM Ltd
Creative Ideaz helped to set up our online shop website and have gone on to manage our marketing campaign, including Search Engine Optimisation. Not only has this resulted in a first page ranking on Google and an increase in sales, but we have also established a strong ongoing relationship with Creative which I hope will continue for many years to come.My Geex
We came to Creative Ideaz with our vision and they worked endlessly to make this happen. This resulted in a great website and a continued relationship with their team.Merridale Furnishers
The most important thing to me was the friendliness and sincerity. Although I knew nothing, I was never patronised nor left feeling incompetent. Kirien is very good at tailoring the information required to the client and taking his time with any misunderstandings one might have. Doesn't rush and nothing is too much trouble. Plus I can only listen to someone I perceive as genuine - this is why I went to Kirien.Blue Lantern Nursing